Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Midway through hunting season

I've really been enjoying this week but once I reach the halfway point, I start to get a bit of a letdown...knowing that it will be another year before I can feel this free and as unstressed as is possible in my present situation.  Still...I plan on enjoying the next four days with as much relaxation as I can.

I am nearly done with Charlotte's hat.  Just some finishing touches.  Some braids and a tassle and a single crochet trim.  I ended up making up my own pattern after all because I couldn't find exactly what she wanted in a free pattern and didn't have time to look everywhere.  Now I'm looking at Fair Isle or some Andean mittens.  I'm not practiced at stranded knitting and would like to stretch myself a bit.  I seem to keep doing the same things over and over again.  Time to grow a bit.

I'm loving the gas prices.  It was $1.75 a gallon today.  It would be nice if it would drop even further but better if it stays down for the winter.  I feel like I'm just holding my breath waiting for it to climb again...even higher than it was before.  I sure hope not though.

Professor was so funny thing morning.  After he come in from his morning wee, he headed straight for the heating vents and stood there with his hind end almost touching it.  He'd never done that before and I just couldn't stop laughing.  Then, next time he came in, he did it again.  I guess when your butt is cold, the rest of you just can't warm up.  I'll be curious to see if he does it again tomorrow.

I haven't bought any gifts yet.  I knitted some for my family then found out we weren't exchanging names this year so I don't know what I'm going to do with them now.  I still haven't finished Zach's sweater and I don't have anything for Stephen yet and won't have time to make anything so he'll get his later than Christmas.  Maybe some Fair Isle mittens.  It will be yet another lean Christmas.  But I don't suppose there is a lot we really need anyway.

I got the groceries for next week today because there is no way I'm doing my shopping on Friday.  Nope.  No way will I try to deal with crowds like that.  I've done pretty good the past couple of weeks on groceries.  I'm spending about half what I used to spend, even considering I had to get a lot of meat.  But I have to buy my most expensive prescriptions next week so there goes the food budget.  

I've spent the past two nights up late watching movies.  It's not that I can't sleep; it's that I don't seem to want to.  I watched Girl, Interrupted last night.  I'd never been interested in it before, not being a Winona Rider fan, but I couldn't stop watching it.  So today I went and got the book.  It was a quick read...finished it in about 3 hours.  Which meant I wasn't knitting during that time.  Or online.

Lately I've just not spent as much time online.  I think that's a good thing, actually.  I spend too many hours just drifting all over the internet.  I don't meant the time I spend reading blogs, but time I spend just googling nonsense stuff.

I do need to get more done around here.  Still battling the fatigue though.  I'm not sure how to get rid of that.  The house is straightened up but not really clean.  I need to mop some floors and clean the fridge out.  And the basement needs to be shoveled out.  Plus I need to tidy up the yard a bit.  We have too much clutter around the garage and back door.  I hate that.  And I need to prune the roses and fruit trees.

I can't stop yawning so I'm off to make up the futon and go to sleep.  No need to stay up tonight.


No comments: