Saturday, November 29, 2008

All good things..

...must come to an end and so must my staycation.  I have to say, though, that I am much rested and feel stronger emotionally, if not physically.  Whether that emotional strength will last past Monday remains to be seen.

I did a lot of thinking.  Too much, in fact.  I have determined not to make too many plans for my future and instead try to fix my present circumstances.  At least to the degree where I am no longer waiting until my situation is ideal to actually start enjoying life.  Because ideal just isn't going to happen.

I'm not going to church tomorrow.  I've been coughing all day today and my chest is so sore.  Plus, I know I'm going to have difficulty sleeping in part because of all the coughing so it's just as well not to add the stress of trying to get sleep so I can get up early for church.  It's not a cold; I had an attack of acid reflux last night and as happens occasionally, I aspirated some of the fluids and have been spent the day coughing it all up.  It happens rarely but I know the outcome well enough to know what to do so...it will mean sleeping sitting up tonight and probably tomorrow night as well.  I used to think it was because I ate too close to bedtime but like last night, I hadn't eaten for several hours and didn't gorge myself when I did eat.  If I had some foreknowledge of what the ph of my stomach was when I went to bed, I would know to take acid reducer, but it always comes out of the blue.

But rarely, like I said.

Zach and I went out tonight for a sandwich as a last hurrah before Tom comes home.  We had a good talk.  We don't connect as much these days since he's working and going to school and spends his time in his room on the internet with his friends, and his beloved.  In spite of what some people think, I love that we're growing apart.  I know that he will always love me, but it's important that he grow away from me and become his own man, which he has managed to do very nicely.  We do talk on the way to school sometimes, but often he's playing a DS game or we're listening to audio books or he sleeps.  

Oh, and he's ready to get his driver's permit renewed and start driving in Beaver Dam and to work in Mayville.  Not to Fond du Lac though.  I think the reassurance that if he gets his license, he won't have to drive there until he's ready helped with the decision.  Patience is the key. 

I started a cowl for Zach out of my dorset handspun but I think it's going to be too small.  It has turned out more like sport yarn rather than worsted so I'm rethinking what to do with it.  And I must finish his sweater if it's going to be a Christmas present.

Oh, and my family decided to draw names after all.  But I'm not sure they included us in the exchange since I've heard nothing about it.  I'll call my sister tomorrow and see if she knows anything.  

I'm off to finish Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (this has been a Johnny Depp weekend) and find something else in my stash of dvds to watch.  And knit to my heart's content.

And I must have been spaced when I wrote the last entry because I forgot to mention my Canadian and Australian/New Zealand  readers.  Thank you guys for being here as well.  

TTFN


No comments: