Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Everyone is the boss of me

Of course, the bossiest is Professor who is once again sitting on my shoulder. He has separation anxiety to the degree that he follows me into the bathroom when I go to clean it. And he hates being in the bathroom. I am gone more often than last semester and I think he misses me. When it warms up a bit I might take him with me once in a while and walk him while Zach is in class. It's flatter at both campuses so it will take less toll on my knees. We live on the side of a hill so it's uphill or downhill no matter where I go.


This is the second boss of me. Or at least it didn't want to mind me. I loved this yarn, which was an off acrylic brand at Hobby Lobby but I love the color and it's so soft yet maintains stitch definition wonderfully. And it holds up well considering all the times I've frogged it. I wanted to make a cabled sweater out of it but in spite of the yardage, it didn't look like there would be enough yarn. I can't figure it out but I suspect it's one of those weird yarn things. So I decided to try a shawl. I knit prayer shawls and it's been a while since I knit one so I thought maybe the yarn wanted to be a prayer shawl. I did a feather and fan shawl recently so I wanted something with more of a lace pattern but not too lacey since these are for elderly people and they need the warmth as much as the comfort.

I decided on the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits. It's designed to be a light, transparent shawl but again...going for warmth. I love how it's turning out. It's so soft and light yet warm. I don't know who it's going for yet. I'm sure that will be revealed later as always. I haven't yet decided on the scripture I'm going to be meditating on either. That, too, always makes itself apparent when the time is right.

I've decided, after many sleepless nights, not to take the CNA course this summer. I talked it over with Tom and I have several misgivings, especially in light of the fibromyalgia flare up I'm having right now. I don't want to spend that kind of money and not be able to get a job. Tom would prefer I find something to do at home since he knows my limitations but the computer is failing fast (we are getting the blue screen of death several times a day) and I don't know what to do about it. Zach is going to take it in on the day they do trouble shooting but I'm not terribly optimistic it will be an easy fix.

I'm thinking we need a new processor.

Tom said if I'm not excited about the CNA course, it's probably not a good idea to invest in it. And I'm not excited about it right now.

I've started spring cleaning already. I don't want to use spring break for cleaning so I though I would get a jump on it now. Ideally I would like to take a vacation. I haven't had one in nearly 15 years so I think I'm due. I'm thinking of taking mine at Wendy's. They love me there.

I'm going to start taking the camera with me all the time. I see all these beautiful photographs on blogs and would love to learn how to take them. I figure with digital cameras, wasting film isn't a problem so I can practice, practice, practice.

Not much going on on the knitting front. I've just been in a blue funk of late and haven't been terribly interested in anything. I've been veg'ing out on Golden Sun on Zach's DS. I use that to zen out, so to speak. I need to finish my younger sister's socks and get Peg's sabbatical socks in the mail. She leaves soon.

Off to scrub the bathroom floor.

TTFN

No comments: