Thursday, March 20, 2008

Winding down Spring Break

I think I may need intervention. I frogged the shawl. Yep. I wasn't enjoying it and truth be told, I wanted that yarn for a sweater, not a shawl so I don't really care what the yarn thinks it wants to be. I'm the boss here, not it, so I get to decide.

And I will knit it into a sweater as soon as I find the sweater I want to knit.

Honestly, I will.

And I would like to knit it in a smaller size but the diet isn't going so well so I don't know about that. This whole week has been a blur. I started out so well, so industriously and then I crashed with no energy for anything. It is vacation though...right? Don't I get to have one now and then? Or at least once every 10 years?

Professor is out back, hunting out scents from the bunnies and chipmunks. The chippies are his arch enemies, you know. They taunt him while he sits in the window, moseying by him, hopping around within view knowing he can't touch them. And the squirrels are in the conspiracy, too. They walk...very slowly...down the sidewalk while he's having a hysterical frenzy, hackles raised and barking shrilly. He is a chihuahua, after all. They aren't known for their deep, resonant barks.

But tomorrow...maybe snow. As much as 4 inches.

It's just not right.

Tonight is Maundy Thursday services at church. This might be my favorite service of the church year. We have foot washings. You wash the foot of the person in front of you and the person behind you washes yours. The stripping of the altar is so compelling but when the Reserved Sacrament is taken from the church into the chapel in dead silence, I can hardly breathe with all the emotions I'm feeling.

Zach and I have vigil from 10-12 tonight. I'm taking some devotional material but I'm debating about taking any knitting. It's a vigil, not a service, and I do tend to meditate while knitting if I'm not watching tv or listening to a book. Otherwise I might fall asleep. I'll take it and decide once we're there.

What I'm working on right now is a purse or bag of some kind. I'm following this pattern for the most part. I've got a bit over a pound of Mainstay yarn I got on sale a couple of years ago. I made a sweater out of it and it's holding up very well so I think it might work as a purse. I need something with a lot of room but with a cross the chest strap on it. I can't seem to keep anything on my shoulder and I hate carrying a purse on my wrist.

I might pick up Zach's pink and black raglan again since I'm not working on the perpetual yarn right now. I have to finish up my baby sister's socks. I'm at the toe. I've got some Baby Ull I would like to work with. I only have 100 g so I'm not sure, aside from socks, what I can make from it. And I'm afraid they won't hold up as socks, not having any nylon in them. I love making baby clothes. I suppose I could go pick up some more Baby Ull in another color (or see if I could get the same dye lot...or close to it). But that costs money and I'm trying to use up what I've already got first. I could knit for a couple of years on what I've got, but most of what I've got is Red Heart yarn.

I should bring Professor in and get dressed. I've been in my pajamas almost all week. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

TTFN

No comments: