Monday, March 24, 2008

Nothin' to see here

I keep thinking I will wait to post until I have pictures but I've been too lazy to get the camera out while there is daylight so another picture-less blog entry.

Good Friday Vigil was nothing less than one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Two and half hours of silence, sitting in the quiet of an empty nave and sanctuary with a backlit crucifix on the barren altar. And no knitting. Well...words just can't describe it.

And then...11 inches of snow.

We couldn't get out to do the banking or buy groceries or anything. Zach went out late in the evening to dig Tom out of the driveway so he could get to work but waited until Saturday to shovel the sidewalks. I tried to help but I had no energy or upper-body strength at all. It's time to do something about it.



So I knew Easter Sunday wasn't the day to start. Another beautiful service. The sanctuary so colorful with lilies and carnations. And so fragrant. We had a baptism, which is always a wonderful thing. And cookies. Then Zach and I went off to our annual visit to Appleby's where we ate too much.

Today I started my diet yet again. I'm trying to look at these setbacks as learning experiences rather than failures. I have learned what will not work so it's rather stupid to keep trying that. Instead I'm trying to work on why I eat. So far so good. I've made it past the most difficult time of the day but have the evening to face-off and that will be almost as hard.

I've started a hat using the Organic Cotton from Lion Brand. It looks good so far but I can't tell if the gauge is all right. Still working on the messenger bag from Knitty Gritty and cast on a cable sweater from Cast On. I think I'm finally getting my mojo back.

I got my new glasses today. They were supposed to be in on Saturday but the Winter Storm shut everything down, including shipments. I had narrow rectangular ones before but they don't work well with trifocals so I went with some larger ovals this time. It will take some getting used to but I do like them. It's been 3 years and my vision hasn't changed all that much but still this is expensive.

Enough babbling. I'm off to finish supper and chill out with Black Books from the library. It's one of the funniest of the Britcoms.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

I hope the snow goes soon, it seems to have been a real pain in the butt. Is it usual to get so much snow?