Thursday, May 1, 2008

We have liftoff

We ended up buying a new computer, thinking that the various components would cost more in the long run.

Unfortunately the hard drive and the dvd writer we bought for the old computer don't fit this one so if it doesn't fit Zach's computer I will try to fix the old hard drive up enough for Tom to use upstairs for playing solitaire. The new dvd writer and hard drive, I'll have Zach post at school to sell. It's a bummer but better than losing all the money.

And no Linux. I'm doing the happy dance over that one. Although Vista will take some getting used to.

At any rate, the headache is over for now...all except for paying for it.

Sigh...I need a job.

Knitting is mostly not happening. I've been on a reading and gaming kick. I think I'm about ready to pick up needles again though. I knit a mitered square last night. Just trying it out. Didn't have a pattern but I figured it out on my own. It's not hard, thankfully. I need to use up some sport weight baby yarn that is ancient. I'll use it for blankets for the Haiti project.

Well, off to pick up pizza for supper. With Tom gone not a lot of cooking has taken place.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Vista on a yr. old computer; don't like it as well as the old systems. And I just got an Eee PC that uses Linux, and cannot get it to play games for me. The download is tricky. Fun reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Kathy. I can sympathize with computer problems. Haven't talked to you in forever. I'm halfway finished with my master's in library science. A good friend of ours got her Ph.D. in social work and has gotten a position in Oshkosh. She's out there now looking for a house. Hope to talk to you soon. Love you! Jackie