Saturday, May 24, 2008

Starting over

My mind has just been in meltdown for the past day week month year. I've been doing mental exercises trying to get it back, like...watching Spanish telenovelas. You laugh, but I don't speak Spanish so it really is an exercise for my brain. When I was homeschooling Zach we did a Spanish course and watched Telemundo to further enhance our Spanish-speaking experiences and found Pasion de Gavilanes. Well, it's on Telemundo again and I decided to try to learn a bit of Spanish along the way. I got my old college textbook out (I dropped the course because with my fibrofog, I wasn't able to do it) and have been watching with the close captioning on. Supposedly you can watch cc3 in English but none of my televisions have that capability so I watch in Spanish. I'm amazed at how much I'm able to comprehend. I have the basic story line down but none of the nuances.

Tom walked in while I was watching and Juan was walking around in all his bare chest-iness and Tom wryly mentioned that he now knew why I was watching Spanish soap operas. I didn't tell him that Mario Cimarro who plays Juan, is one year older than my oldest son. Besides, I'm so busy reading the close captioning, I don't pay any attention to his virile chest and long gorgeous locks of hair. Really.

He's also on another soap but I can only keep up with one at a time.

I decided to get my kick spindle out and get busy with my Sheep & Wool festival roving. And broke it. I just ordered a new spindle for it since I don't think Tom will ever get around to making me another one.

I'm working on some socks. Two pair. One is just some generic Woolease, for next winter. Zach has his schedule for next semester and he has three days in Fond du Lac, one day which will be about 8 hours long. I'm going to need to be warm in the car. He is going to try to drive more but isn't comfortable driving back and forth to Fond du Lac on country highways late at night. And all his FDL classes are night classes. Only one in Beaver Dam next year and that is a morning class. I think his schedule is going to be very workable.

The other pair I think will be Pomotamus. It's some plain green baby yarn so I want something well-patterned.

I need to pick up some old UFOs but my motivation of late is nearly extinct. Mostly because of the fatigue from the fibromyalgia. I have the depression under control, I think. I have a lot of projects I want to get done and no energy to do them. I hate this.

I'm looking into yet another internet thing to do to make some extra money. My mother sent me this information so I was obligated to look into it. Something is going to have to give. We won't have the money to heat the house next year because we'll have to pay so much for gas to get Tom to work and Zach to school unless I find a job of some sort. And minimum wage won't pay the gas to get to work and back.

Zach still hasn't even gotten an interview yet. Tom is going to see if he can get him an internship at his work. I can't believe Mickey D hasn't even contacted him. They're always hiring. He has excellent credentials, good attendance history at school, great references, but no work experience. He has even optioned for full time for the summer since he only has one class going on.

I need to kidnap the camera from Zach's room but he won't let me in there. I was allowed in long enough to install one (1) mini blind. He installed the other one after watching me do the first one.

I liked them so well in his room that I bought some for my bedroom and the other window in the living room. I'm not putting them on the large window though. The shade still is in good shape there so I'm not fixing what ain't broke.

I need to get some flowers planted. Tom bought me some of those carpets you put down with all kinds of seeds embedded in them. I wanted to work on my prairie garden this year but none of these are perennials, only annuals. Hardly anything I planted last year is coming up. I must have the blackest thumb out there. Even my hostas are puny and only two are even hinting at coming up. My neighbors are up and bushy already. Mine are just peaking out of the ground. And nothing of my shasta daisies from last year.

Not buying any more seeds from StuffMart again.

We bought a push reel mower to help out with the gas expense. It's not the sturdiest (won't cut dandelions) but it does cut the grass pretty well and it's so quiet. I love that. Zach actually likes cutting grass with it. The power mower was really painful on the hands.

Well, I need to actually get something done today besides laundry. Something important. Like knitting.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

I am really glad you have surfaced again. I have been worring about you!