Sunday, May 25, 2008

Please don't rain on my parade

It's finally warm but cloudy and the little tornado drawing is on the screen of local stations. Nuh uh!!! Not on my first day of warm! I did overdress for church a bit and was a tad warm but it was tolerable.

Guess how much knitting I got done yesterday. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. Darn the internet. I found a game that required me to find missing items, compare two pictures and find the difference, and solve puzzles. It was very Harry Potterish...with the magic school looking nearly identical to Hogwarts. I can't remember the name of it but it didn't have a save option so I stuck it out until nearly midnight when I won the game.

And nearly blinded myself in the process.

Not to mention a headache from eye strain.

And I only got about two hours sleep last night. Tom is up pottering about on Saturday nights and kept coming into my room and shutting off my television. On my insomnia nights, I need that tv on and have told him but he still shuts it off. Him coming into my room generally wakes me up anyway and shutting the tv off definitely does. Will he stop doing it? I doubt it.

So I listened to him banging around in the kitchen this morning about 20 minutes before my alarm was due to go off. Don't you just hate it when someone wakes you up minutes before you're supposed to get up?

Zach and I went to see Prince Caspian last week. There were three of us in the theater for the matinee. I was surprised but considering school is still in session I guess it's not unusual. I loved it. We were critiquing it (in a good way) all the way home and Zach suddenly turned to me as if the most horrible thought came to him.

"Mom, we're totally Narnia nerds."

As if that's a bad thing.

I need to get busy in the yard. Our curb appeal is in the negative numbers. We look like our home belongs to someone from a Jeff Foxworthy comic skit. Without the car up on blocks, of course.

I wish I could get enthused about something. I feel so blah these days. I felt like this when I was on anti-depressants...just uninspired and so totally uncreative. What does it take to get my motivation up and running?

Well, supper is ready and I do plan on knitting on something tonight. I want to print out a pattern but Tom has been sleeping in the living room all day and while I haven't been super quiet, I have been trying to keep it down a bit. I guess I'll print it out tomorrow and just work on my woolease socks tonight.

Ailsa, thanks for caring. I wondered if I would ever get back to the blog at all. I've got another one set up that is designed to be more for non-knitting blogging but since there is nothing in my brain, I can't find anything to put into it. It will be by invitation only, I think since I will be writing some of my fiction there and don't want to find it published under someone else's name in the future. It's a shame so much of that goes on out there.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

Glad you're back!
and I'll try not to rain on your parade!!