Friday, December 28, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Boy howdy did it snow! One of the most beautiful snows I've ever seen.



This is the view looking north out the front door. That's the mail truck in the distance.

This is the view looking south out the front door. (I was standing on the porch taking these.)




The back yard. There is a highway behind all those bushes.


My clothesline. I've got clothes hanging up in the house on racks. I don't think they would dry outside these days.


I finished the Ocean socks so I now have three pairs of toasty warm socks and won't have to wash socks every night. I've got my thinner socks but I save those for church or dressy occasions.

Zach and I went out at dusk to shovel the sidewalk and driveway. We always get our neighbor's (to the north) house, too, because she's a shut-in but the snow was so heavy that my back was aching by the time we met halfway. The neighbor to the south of us came home while we were shoveling and got his snowblower out and did the driveway where the snowplow had left a huge wall of snow. I take back what I said about snowblowers.

I'm thinking of moving all my stash downstairs if I can find a place for it. The upstairs reeks of cigarette smoke. But maybe it's too late and the damage is done. I'll just have to wash everything and let it air out when spring comes.

I'm working on the pink sweater tonight. I found some more black Woolease so I'll have enough for the hood as well.

I'm also working on my sister's sabbatical socks. Stitch by stitch. Row by row.

Off to get some quality knitting while watching SG-1, season 7. And I haven't even mined Atlantis yet. Come June when the cable deal runs out, I'm canceling cable permanently. I won't be tempted again.

TTFN

1 comment:

Angie said...

In the interim, you could seal the yarn in a bag with the following options: a bar of nice smelly soap, crumpled up newspaper, or a fine mesh bag of plain clay cat litter. These are the options I would use to take smoke smell out of old sewing machines and they may work for yarn -- besides washing it all.