Saturday, December 22, 2007

Done!

All my shopping and Christmas knitting is done. I really didn't do that much but I had it to do quickly.

My father is much better. Thanks to all who expressed concern. I'm sorry I didn't get back with you. I've been pretty depressed lately. I talked to him Wednesday although it was a short call because he had to do a breathing treatment. I do know that this was a wake-up call. This is a time God has given us to prepare. I think it will be sooner rather than later and that makes me sad. But it also tells me not to take any moment for granted.

Zach finishes his semester with great scores. Straight A's. I'm so proud. I'm also so glad to be out of the car for days on end. I spent a lot of time at school the past couple of weeks because of his study groups. Next semester will be as bad with more travel time since he has two classes in Fond du Lac. Hopefully by his senior year he will be driving.

Yes, he's been behind the wheel of the car a few times. I have to let it be his idea, of course, but he's been doing better with more confidence in himself.

Went to Hobby Lobby today and picked up some more 16" circs in size 3 and 5. I'm trying to round out my collection. I also picked up some acrylic on sale. Some brand I've never heard of but it felt soft and I liked the color. I got enough for a sweater. I want to make an Aran next.

But now I'm making Zach a hoodie. He wanted pink and black and all I could afford was Red Heart Supersaver. It's not too bad. I had to fidget with the needles to get the gauge I wanted and it's soft enough. It will wear well. I'm using this pattern. The body is pink, the hood will be black and the sleeves black with pink stripes.

I've got two pairs of socks on the needles. This pair in Woolease, a light sage green heathery color. And a generic pair in fingering weight sock yarn.

It's raining now. The fog was terrible the past few days and amazing how many people are out there driving in it without their lights on. I know they can see, but we can't see them. It's supposed to start snowing later and we have to drive to Franklin tomorrow afternoon for Tom's family's Christmas party. I still have to wrap my gifts and he still has to start on his. (We have to make the gifts ourselves.)

I'm convinced he has a procrastination gene.

Off to work on pink sweaters.

I hope I'm back for good now.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad you are back and that your dad is still hanging in there.

The weather has really been odd. Have you heard the wives' tale about having a big snowstorm six weeks after a heavy fog? If it holds true then the first part of February will be a doozy here in Wisconsin. I also (just barely) saw the folks without lights on....

I'm glad your son has your support.

Mad about Craft said...

I'm so glad you are back, I've missed you.
I am very glad Dad is a bit better and hope he is around for a good while yet.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Ailsa.

It's nice to be missed.

Daddy is doing so much better. Everyone is surprised and pleased. He did well Christmas day and was able to stay at the party until late afternoon.

He probably did better than I would have.