Friday, August 9, 2013

Still working through the fatigue

As if I didn't have enough projects going on right now, I woke up the other morning thinking my dad would look great in a red cardigan.  So you know where this is going.  I had to go to the library to find a nice cardigan pattern and then found red yarn and away I went.  I'm almost done on the back because it's straight stockinette.  The only pattern is in the sleeves.  A lovely cable.  I should be done by the time we go down there in early October.  And I'm thinking a pair of socks for him as well. 

I frogged the Monkey socks I was working on because I just didn't like them anymore.  In fact I really disliked them.  I think I'll put them away for a while and work on other projects.  My older sister, who was to be the recipient of the socks, has the socks I knitted for Mom so she's set for a little while.  I can get hers out later, when I decide on a pattern.

The past couple of days have been very full of fatigue for me.  Not sure if it's the fibromyalgia or the congestive heart failure.  Maybe a combination of both.  It's the consensus with all the nurses at rehab both here and at the other hospital that my chf is from the chemo rather than the heart attack.  The cardiologist won't consider the chemo as a factor but I'm going with the nurses on this one.  My heart attack was apparently pretty mild and the damage from it, they don't believe is significant enough.  Still, there is improvement in my heart function so who knows?

Today will be a lot of knitting because I'm still very tired.  I had rehab this morning and did all that was required of me but I don't have a lot of energy left to do anything else.  So tv and knitting.  And some cooking because we need to eat.

Off to finish up online, which I'm spending less time there because I have so many other things that need to be done.  Just not today.

No comments: