Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've said it before...fibromyalgia sucks

Another sunshiney day.  Another night without much sleep.  I was dealing with a situation with a very close family member who doesn't seem to understand that I am entitled to my own opinions on politics on my own facebook page and that it's not an assault on him if I point out inconsistencies and corrupt/dangerous behavior from the people making laws that are destructive to a large segment of the population.  Sadly, I was unfriended and I'm not sure the relationship can be fixed.  At this point I'm not willing to deal with his anger issues or his need to control me which has popped up frequently of late over many issues, not just politics and religion.

I'm still holding Professor to his diet although I give him one small steak bone treat at night to kick-start his appetite and then he wolfs down his real food.  But not at all during the day.  He was even worse today looking at me with those big brown eyes, waiting for his treats and then sulking when he didn't get anything.  He noses around licking the floor rather than eat the food right next to the spot he's licking.  I can only hope that this passes soon.  I'm a weak person.

And speaking of weak...the fatigue is really getting to me.  I have things to get done and it's taking all my energy to do them.  And I'm only doing the bare minimum.  I want to hang the clothes out on the line, but I have no energy to lug them up the steep basement stairs and hang them out.  I will barely make it down there later to wash another load.  Lots of sleep would help.  I was doing better energy-wise, even with the sinus infection, when I was getting more than 8 hours of sleep.  I just don't know how to do that again.  I try very hard to get to sleep but I don't stay asleep or I get woken up too early by a dog that needs to wee. 

I'm making progress on the sweater coat, albeit slow progress.  Mindless knitting of the seed stitch is soothing, though, so I am enjoying it.  I do need to get busy with other crafting projects as well and spend less time here and more time there getting it done.  I have many small projects I could start but the fatigue is affecting me there as well.  Fibromyalgia sucks!

Supper tonight is stir fry with leftover chicken from the other night and spaghetti noodles instead of rice with broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and stir fry sauce mix.  Then laundry and the litter box.  I made a deal with Zach to help him with it.  He pushes himself to the limit on it but his OCD really inteferes with his ability to get down there more regularly.  I volunteered to take half the duty on it so he could recover a few days before tackling it again.  OCD sucks, too!  And for those family members who think he should just suck it up and force himself to do it...well, I don't use that kind of language on this blog.

Tomorrow we have to do the things we didn't do today, namely get Zach a new driving permit and taking care of the title to the car and spending time on campus doing job-search-related stuff.  I'm planning on doing the library while he's there and then just reading while I wait for him.  That takes me back to the days when he was in college.  He's thinking of going back to school, to university this time, to get a degree in mathematics.  The computer degree is a bust really and he loves math so he's thinking that might be an option for him.  But until he gets a job he can't afford it so we're still in a holding pattern.

That is a ways off, though, and for now he's got to find a job that will let him pay off his student loan (not terribly high) and help out with his living expenses here.  We're easy going though and don't plan on charging him rent but he wants to help out a bit to cover his expenses and I'm not arguing.  We can use it.

I have to get my seeds planted this week or else.  I'm missing out on some lovely sunshine and warm weather that could be put to use growing these seeds.  Maybe I'll get some planted tonight. I hope so.  That might involve a nap first.

Off to get the laundry started and maybe some seeds planted.

TTFN


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! So nice to see you listed my blog on your blog! Thank you. I've little time to peruse now - off to leave the hovel, but I wanted to say "thanks". Will be back for leisurely reading later :-) blue cheddar

Kathy said...

Thanks, Blue. I read your blog every day to keep up on the insanity going on in this state. With the Fitzgerald's as my representatives, I don't hold a lot of hope for my district, but I feel connected with people who are out there making a difference. As you and many other are doing!

Thanks for stopping by!