Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I really promise this time...no more StuffMart until after Christmas

I said I wasn't going anywhere until after Christmas but my prescription came in at the pharmacy and I had to get it or it would go back on the shelf.  So I went.

I ended up buying Zach another gift because he pretty much knows what he's getting and only has a couple of things under the tree.  Poor kid has never really had a big bash Christmas because we've always been fighting bills and such.  But we go to such lengths to make sure Tom has plenty under the tree that Zach has usually gotten the short end of the stick.

I am making him cook supper tonight though.  I'm tired and I'm not doing anything more tonight beyond knitting and watching tv.  I found a pattern I'm going to use to make Zach an ear warmer/headband.  He doesn't like hats because they make his head itch so we'll try this and see if it's better.  It will match his new mittens/flaps.  And more practice on color work.

I'm nearly done with my hat but I worked mostly on the Tree of Life afghan because it was easier on my hands.  Tom has been having problems with his left hand and wrist so I gave him my arthritis cream to take in his lunch box and got him a wrist guard to wear while he's at work to keep his wrist steadier and strengthen it.  I also got him some glucosamine/chondriotin with msm and something else to lubricate the joints.  He tried something like it before but quit after a few weeks because it didn't seem to help but I read that it takes a couple of months for any benefits to show up.  So...trying again.

I had dvr'd a few Vicar of Dibley episodes, including one Christmas special I hadn't seen and the fabulous wedding special.  I rarely laugh out loud but I was pretty vocal last night.  It was so funny.

We got a dusting of snow last night so I had Zach shovel the sidewalk while I was gone.  We need to tackle the driveway this weekend and maybe the back patio.  I refilled the bird feeder today.  I had forgotten it for a couple of days.  I noticed the ear of corn had been stripped bare so I took my last ear out there.  And little animal trails leading to it.  It was warm enough today that we had some melting but on my way home the temp was dropping quickly so the sidewalks were a bit slippery trying to get in the door.  I was careful and had my new, uncomfortable shoes on with the good tread so I wasn't in too bad of shape.

I haven't been paying any attention to my weight lately, thinking that after the first of the year, I'll work on cooking healthier meals.  My baggy jeans were in the wash so I pulled out a pair that was pretty snug around the waist and it fit perfectly.  Still not going to weigh myself though.  That only creates a monster that needs to be fed...and fed...and fed.  I still plan on cooking and eating healthier but I'm not going to focus on losing weight at all.  Just getting healthy.

Off to crawl into my jammies and get under the covers so I can knit and watch what I've dvr'd.

TTFN

No comments: