Monday, August 31, 2009

Cooking supper at 9:30 p.m. isn't my favorite thing to do

I'm not enjoying this semester and it's only a week old. It's so hard figuring out how much to take with me and with the all-day classes I have to figure in beverages, snacks and meals. Plus things to keep me occupied because I have a high boredom factor.

Still, it's the last semester and I won't have to do this ever again.

I missed church again yesterday because I didn't get to sleep until after 7 a.m. I don't do well on half an hour of sleep so I stayed home. I had thought about taking my blue over-the-counter sleeping pill but the last time I took one, while I slept well, I woke up very groggy. I didn't want to feel like that all during church.

I moved my potted plants to the side of the garage so I could remember to do something with them this week. Some I need to get in the ground, some I need to re-pot and others fix because the cat knocked them over. Completely over. The pot was upside down and all the plants and dirt on the ground. I obviously don't have a green thumb.

The good news is that I have three green peppers growing. The bad news is they should be big enough to pick by Christmas.

This is a short night for me because we have to leave in the morning to go back to FDL and not get home until 10:30 p.m. Fortunately I don't have to have another turnaround to Beaver Dam for a couple of weeks.

So I'm off to try to get to sleep early tonight. I know....I laughed at that, too.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I don't like cooking late at night either! Makes it a chore rather than a joy!

Kathy said...

I should have cooked it before I left. I just don't plan my day as well as I should. You'd think I'd learn not to keep making that mistake, but I don't seem to.

knittingdragonflies said...

Ditto here with cooking. I could eat cereal and pop tarts for dinner if it wasn't for my husband, for some reason he frowns on that.
Vicki

Kathy said...

Tom wants a hot meal when he comes home and I don't blame him but there are times I'm so tired that I want to be a big baby about it. :-(