Monday, February 25, 2013

Never enough sleep to make me feel rested

I didn't sleep much last week.  I wonder if the dog was making me pay for leaving him for the weekend as he woke me up no less than 5 times a night.  I tried to make up for it by going to bed early but he would wake me up and it would take me hours to get back to sleep.  Last night I went to bed at 7:30 and was asleep by 8:30.  I got up twice with him but went right back to sleep.  I didn't get up until 9:30-ish so I got 13 hours of sleep.  During the morning I felt fine although not terribly energetic but by afternoon I was ready to go back to bed.  I really hate the fatigue aspect of this illness. 

I had errands to run today:  bills, library and some shopping I forgot.  Got the library and shopping done although I didn't realize we were out of hamburger so I've got to go back this week for that.  But I forgot to pay the bills.  I never even thought about them.  One was due today but they don't get pissy about it being  a day late.  I can pay it tomorrow.  The other one isn't due until Friday.  I can't believe I forgot them.

I finished up the pink socks and am working on the pink shawl but I'm bored and the achyness from the fibromyalgia is limiting my knitting right now.  I've got to start some more socks for my sister and niece but nothing is urgent.  I would like the shawl to be done before my mother decides to come home from the hospital.  I'm not positive but I think she will only come home when it's time to stop the treatment and just come home to hospice.  We're not talking long term.  It will be within weeks or a few months, depending on the growth of the cancer or the growth of the infection.  Neither one is going to go away.

I'm going to bed early again tonight.  Zach is going to fix grilled cheese, his specialty and I'm going to sleep.  Tom was sick over the weekend, slept a lot and got over it...I hope.  He was running a fever and woke up in a sweat and saw steam rising from his arm when he took it out from under the covers.  He keeps his room even colder than we do downstairs.  He likes to sleep in about 40F temps.  I prefer 50F.  He does warm the room up a bit before he goes to bed but likes it when he's warm and cuddly under the covers and it's cold outside of them.

Zach started coughing and sneezing this morning so he took some echinacea.  Tom had taken some over the weekend which is probably why his cleared up so quickly.  I don't have any of those symptoms.  Just my usual achy, fatigue crap.

And so, off to bed.

No comments: