Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hair today, gone today

It's been an exhausting day.  I had to get up at least 5 times last night to let Professor out.  I wonder if the pouring rain made his bladder work harder.  Something like not having to go to the bathroom until someone is in there running the shower.  So I woke up tired anyway. 

I cut my hair last night. Pretty short.  I think I cut at least 11 inches off; it's about 3 inches below my ears.  Depending on which side you look at.  There's at least an eighth of an inch difference there.  I'll worry about that later.  But I wasn't going to cut Zach's hair by myself so we went to the salon to get that done.  I have 10 inches of braid in my purse waiting for an address to send it off to Locks of Love.  I'll look that up later, too.  At the salon it was first-come/first-served and we were third in line so it took about a half hour to get in the chair.  The only two available waiting chairs were taken up by a teen girl and her mother, who got there after us and grabbed the seats when they became available.  There was a bench outside the shop but it was taken by a guy and all his groceries.  So we stood.  Wasn't even a place to lean.  By the time we got done I had to find a bench somewhere before we did the shopping.  My back really hurts.

So Zach's hair is cut, too.  About 5 inches below his ears, which is what I was shooting for with my hair but when it was cut it sprung up to 3 inches below.  Still wispy but at least not as disorderly.  I look better with it shorter.  Hated to give it up but at least I don't get tangled up at night anymore.

Zach also shaved off his beard.  He's going with stubble because it's easier on his skin.  He looks pretty darned good right now.  Although I loved his long hair.

The brown socks are done and I started the other pink sock.  I had to relearn the pattern but it didn't take long at all.  I don't know how much I'll get done tonight since I really just want to finish up my sandwich and go to bed.  And take a tramadol or two.  Did I mention that my back hurts?

I bought something today that I shouldn't have but I couldn't resist it.  I think Tom is mad at me about it but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.  A leather bound edition of the Hobbit for $15.  It's a pocket edition.  My copy is the 50th anniversary edition in paperback, of which the cover is falling off.  I read these books a lot.  I figure it's the cost of a haircut, which I did myself so I saved that much.  He'll get over it.  I don't buy stuff that often.

But now, time to finish eating and crawl into bed.

Did I mention my backache?

No comments: