Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Feeling so much better

The breathing is easier and when I do get a bit winded, I recover so much more quickly.  I had felt a bit like despairing late last week because I felt like I was getting worse but after a weekend in bed, I'm on my way to recovery.  Mind, I'm not jumping up and tearing the house apart to spring clean, but I am working on my bedroom little by little today with Zach doing the laundry.  I anticipate having at least one clean room by tomorrow morning.

I'm also taking some of the blankets off the bed because I keep kicking the covers off at night.  Temps are rising although still below average but I'm used to sleeping very cold and the furnace doesn't seem to kick on at night much.  And we even raised the thermostat at night because of my pneumonia.  I am so ready for spring.

I've been knitting on the purse because it's mostly mindless knitting.  Not sure I like the pattern I came up with at all.  And in the long run the yarn costs more than any of the purses I've seen.  Not that I like anything in stores.  I don't know what it is but purses out right now are so ugly.  Not even close to being attractive.

I would like to get busy on other crafting ideas, like working with clay and back to drawing.  I would like to learn to paint as well.  I just need a bit of order amidst this chaos in order to do that though.  And it will take a few weeks for me to get that bit of order.  I don't have the stamina required to just tackle the house. 

I also need to get my garden started indoors.  I have what I need; I just need to get busy and start it.  Again...I need that bit of order going on so I have room to do it.

I didn't sleep much last night.  I woke up when Tom got home around 3:30 a.m. and didn't get back to sleep until nearly 6 a.m.  And then Professor had to go out 3 times between 7 and 11 a.m.  I'm so tired.  I think I'll get a nap in soon while Zach is doing laundry.

And now I need to go put some clutter away and then a nap.  I have to remind myself I'm not healed yet and need to rest often.

But at least I'm able to sleep without waking up needing to breathe.  And I can get some things done with only minor breathlessness.  Unless I do something too strenuous.  I'm trying very hard not to do that though.

No comments: