Friday, December 30, 2011

It's snowing!

Not heavily and not sticking to the roads and sidewalk so it's beautiful.  Wouldn't be if I had to get out there and shovel it.

No one slept last night for some strange reason.  I woke up with pain after about 15 minutes of sleep but I hesitated to take another pain pill that soon so I waited a couple of hours.  Then I slept for about 10 minutes, woke up in pain again.  I didn't dare take anymore so I waited about 4 hours before taking another pain pill.  At that point it was daylight and Professor needed to go out.  Then I just lay in bed watching tv until Tom got up.  He was up most of the night, too, but not because of pain.  Just couldn't sleep.  Same with Zach.

But the good news is, he's on his way to pick up a dryer belt so he can fix my dryer.  I've gotten behind on laundry because it takes about 3+ days to dry a load on the racks so I've got about 4 loads piled up in the basement.  And one already washed, awaiting drying in some form.  He called first and gave them the number on the belt and they are holding it for him.

I've got baby lima beans soaking and pork necks frying up a bit for supper tonight.  I'll drain and rinse the beans in about an hour, then pour more water in and add the necks and some onion.  I'll fix some cornbread to go with it.  I waited until Tom would be home because he won't eat cornbread that's not fresh for some reason so he can have hot, fresh cornbread tonight.  Zach is having breaded shrimp.  He cannot eat beans at all.  They make him throw up.  It's the texture, not the taste, which is his OCD thing.  It's limiting for me when cooking so on those days when I cook beans or mashed potatoes or something he can't eat, he gets to cook his own.  I got him shrimp as a treat tonight though.

The front door is sticking badly again so I have the little heater in the foyer, drying it out again.  We've never gotten it fully dry yet so I might just let it dry out for a few days instead of just one.  Couldn't get the door open again last night to let Professor out but by morning I could with some maneuvering.

I started a new pair of socks since I was able to knit a pair out of one skein of woolease.  I was thinking of adding a diamond design in it but it's taking too much concentration right now and I have none to spare so I'm going to just knit plain vanilla socks.  I'll end up with four identical socks but that is a good thing as they will probably last longer as a pair that way.  One pair, anyway.  I'm looking for a pattern for the sock yarn (fingering weight) because I feel a need to work on something small.  I could dip into my baby clothes patterns and knit up the mountains of baby sport yarn I've got.  I might just do that.  Plus I need to dig out Zach's sweater to finish since he'll be starting volunteering at the library very soon.  My sweater is far from completion so I should at least finish one.

Well, off to get some dishes done so I don't end up with a ton of them to do tonight.

TTFN

No comments: