Monday, July 5, 2010

Fifth of July is not Independence Day

I'm not happy about all the firecrackers going off two doors down.  It's driving Professor nuts and he's going into barksteria every time they happen.

I got nothing done today except a brief nap and some un-knitting.  I'm not sure what I did last night but I'm having to undo it.  I shouldn't knit when I'm that tired, I guess.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and enjoyed the morning silence.  But by 10 a.m. I was unable to keep my eyes open.  Just got a few winks, however.  Damned insomnia.

We had some rain and that cooled off the air a bit.  It was getting mighty hot and humid and Professor was panting so heavily I thought he was going to explode.  Now he's sitting immediately in front of the window fan panting into it.  He sleeps right next to it every night.  And I mean right next to it.

Not much going on.  I'm finishing up Ballykissangel season 2 and trying to knit more on the brown shawl.  I'll move to the Helm's Deep shawl before the night is out so I can keep up with it.  I'm needing another project to work on so I might work on designing an amulet necklace.  I keep thinking about it but I don't do anything beyond that.

Off to Ireland and knitting.

TTFN

No comments: